- The college was awarded autonomous status in 2007
- The college conducts a Play Festival every year in which about 4000 children from about 50 schools participate, performing colourful exercises to the accompaniment of devotional and patriotic songs.
- A fitness center is run for the benefit of the Vidyalaya and also for the local people. Modern fitness equipment and expert guidance are available.
- The physiotherapy center diagnoses and treats sports injuries.
- The college conducts programmes of the Vidyalaya such as inter-Vidyalaya sports and games, republic Day and Independence parades.
- The college conducts several inter-collegiate and inter-school tournaments for schools and colleges in Coimbatore District.
- The college conducts ‘sports talent search’ camps every year involving around 6000 school children.