History

Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya, Coimbatore-641 020

The Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya, Coimbatore, now a vast complex of 14 educational service wings, commenced its activities in the 1930 with the blessings of Bhagavan Sri Ramakrishna. The Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi, laid the foundation stone of the first wing, a school. Sri T.S. Avinashilingam, the Founder-Director, nurtured the Vidyalaya with his visionary and devoted service. Though it began humbly as a school with a single Harijan student under a thatched roof in Coimbatore in 1930, over the years it grew into a vast educational Complex. It is now spread over an area of 300 acres in Perianaickenpalayam, Coimbatore. T he Vidyalaya was affiliated to the Ramakrishna Mission, Belur Math, Howrah, West Bengal, in January 1935. Swami Abhiramanandaji Maharaj is now the Secretary of the Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya, Coimbatore. The Vidyalaya institutions are guided by a team of dedicated monks.

 

Sri Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya Maruthi College of Physical Education

The Maruthi College of Physical Education (MCPE) is one of the institutions in the Vidyalaya which was started in the year 1956. This institution has been named after the great Ramayana hero, Mahavir, also called Maruthi or Hanuman. Faith and devotion are essential factors in the development of strength in any individual. Personal purity and devotion to a great cause are the necessary requisites for a healthy living. Maruthi, who personified in himself these great qualities, has stood as the ideal of manhood to millions of men in our country. And so it is only fitting that this institution is named after him.

News / Events

 
© Copy right to SRKV-MCPE 
Designed and Developed by SRMVCAS